Saturday 15 March 2014

Sick Emmett

Fever 39.1 degrees Celsius.
Sore, fire engine red throat with suspicious white spots.
General malaise.
Diagnosis?
Maybe strep. Maybe just a throat infection. Definitely a sad, not his usual self, Emmett.


But, don't let the sad eyes deceive you. Crafty creature that he is, he quickly learned to milk being sick. On the way home from the doctor..

"Mommy?"

"Yes, Emmett?"

"Can I have macaroni and cheese for supper and a Popsicle?"

"Well, that's not what I made for supper tonight, Emmett."

"Oh, but Mommy, I'm sick. I need lots of Apple juice and Popsicles and macaroni and cheese when I'm sick!"

"Nice try, Emmett. I'm totally onto you..."*

Fortunately, baby brother Oscar has not succumbed to the illness ...yet.


(*Emmett's Mom, though generally not a short order cook, did make Emmett Mac and cheese for supper. Yes, she's a softie...especially when her babies are sick)

No comments: